Back home in Berlin - Flight was cancelled / 5 extra hours waiting at SFO / then Dallas / London / finally Berlin... About 8 hours later then planned. Of course my Luggage didn't make it to Berlin in the first place. Got it later that night. Sigh!

Bye bye San Francisco. See you next year I hope...

October / 10 - 11 / 2014

Crazy - it's my last day in the city already. Four weeks just went by and I am getting the blues...

Been to the EL RIO last night to see some friends and have a last beer together. Still working on my hangover...

During the day yesterday I met my buddy Matt at the SOMA skatepark. Had a coffee afterwords and then met our mutual friend Shaney Jo for Lunch. Good people! 







...a walk down Valencia's cross Alleys...


Kelly's pizza was amazing - that was a nice dinner....;)



















October / 9 / 2014
Will meet Kelly for Dinner later. Good day!

Today is even more chilled out. I start getting my stuff together... leave in a few days.
Just had a nice walk through my neighbourhood and took some pictures. Here we go...:



























1806 / That's my number...




















The last two days were pretty chilled. I had a little bike ride - as almost every day - met some friends, went to Zoe's and Erin's house (stunning!) for a beer and a chat and met Michelle White (awesome illustrator, check her work!) at the Latin American Club in the Mission.


October / 8 / 2014

Chilled days / packed nights.

Met my friend Gonca for dinner. We went to "GRACIAS MADRE" - an awesome vegan mexican place on Mission. Super yummy! And the Mission at night - beautiful anyways.


























Some bike ride through the city. Enjoying the sun during daytime hours and the citylights at night. Getting some last things done before my buddy Bill will come visit this friday... and I will leave for Berlin this Sunday.

























Hung around with my buddy Tim for a little while today. Walking Lower Haights, having lunch, talking...


























October / 6 / 2014

Time flies - it's my last week already!

Just got back in from packing the show. Yep - it's over. Only four days. I finally met my friend Kelli today for lunch and she could see the show right before I took everything down. Davina came by too to grab the piece she and Lisa purchased during the opening / THANKS, girls. Big time! That means a lot to me.



















I put up one of my artprints on Hayes street / Downtown. Maybe someone will spot it and takes it home.




















And I got some fresh ink yesterday at Blackheart Tattoo. Jeff Rassier did it. No pics yet - it's gotta heal... But look what I found in his booth while getting ink - one of my stickers I left him last year or the year before. He put it up on his booth door. Nice!
He was the guy I got my very first tattoo from - back in 1994. In SF / at primal urge studios back then.

























October / 5 / 2014

And DJ Shadow & Cut Chemist playing the original Afrika Bambaataa record collection at the Mezzanine Club downtown San Francisco. Yay!



















Golden Gate Park / always stunning. Hanging out with friends - twice as awesome!






















We started the day going to the de Young Museum with Davina, Lisa and Snoops. Thanks for the invite Davina & Lisa. Wonderful building / perfect environment / Gold Gate Park / Awesome art.















October / 4 / 2014

Yesterday / The day after the opening - was pretty mellow. The night was long and with very little sleep.
After a quite chilled day we went to the EL RIO to meet some friends and stumbled into this concert... There was a band playing, a cover band, a FLEETWOOD MAC cover band named FLEETWOOD MACRAME. To make a long story short - it blew us all away. It was a frickin' blast. If only Stevie Nicks could have been there to witness. Wow! San Francisco - I love you!




















Banana with style...

























Fun at the bargain store...

























October / 3 / 2014

Good morning! We had the opening last night and I have to admit - it was a blast! Thank you to every single one of you for coming by. You all made me shy, happy, proud... and smiling! Thanks.

The show is up until Sunday, so if you wanna have a look... hurry up! There's some more pictures on my Facebook page.
























And - San Francisco has another new tile (/ Tenderloin / That is!

.....................................................................
... and if you happen to be in San Francisco next week, I'd be more than happy to see you all at my little drawing show at BOOK & JOB gallery / 838 Geary St / San Francisco / Opening reception Oct. 2nd. / 5 - 10 pm...

























October / 1 / 2 / 2014

I am excited and a little nervous as well. Show opens in a couple of hours and I am so looking forward seeing all my SF peeps!
Will post pictures tomorrow...

We set up the show yesterday. Thanks - big time - to my buddy Snoops for all the help / hanging everything and such.




























September / 29-30 / 2014

Good night San Francisco. You are beautiful. See you tomorrow!


























My buddy Snoops arrived today. He'll stay for a couple of days. Yay! Fun times! Showed him the view from the rooftop! Every time I go up there... amazing!

























Today I finished my last drawing for the show. I am gonna hang everything tomorrow. Opening will be Thursday during San Francisco art walk - excited!


























Stumbled over this beautiful grey-shade mural in the making / Mission / SF. Awesome. This is still the rough layout and the details were just started. Whoow, truly skilled guy!



















September / 28 / 2014

What a great day so far. Tim and I went for a bike ride down to the dog patch - with our skateboards. We had an awesome "old-guy-dork-session". Soooo much fun and a perfect day and place.































Now I am waiting for my buddy Joel to come over for beers and talks... Yay!

September / 27 / 2014

On my way to Blackheart to talk details with Jeff Rassier / making an appointment to finish last years work. I love SF / summer time / crazy peeps / street jazz and awesomeness!











The last few days before the show next week. So I am the living drawing machine - kinda.





















September / 26 / 2014

Had a long bike ride through the city today. Might have been about 8 - 10 miles (whithin SF) all in all. Hard traffic - I have to admit... Especially on my yellow 1972 Schwinn road bike I get a lot of attention for...
Had an appointment with Stephanie at her agency and we then went for lunch together. They love my work and wanna work with me in the future. Woot woot - sounds fun tho!
Right after that I met my buddy Dough Smith for talks and glasses... / SutroVision SF / and stuff. I get frames from them every now and then. Super fun.

























I rode by at the old Oyster Pirates Studio, which is right by the SUTROVISION office on Bryant. We spent a lot of time there and created loads of art pieces - now it's gonna get renovated and will soon be one of those posh houses for some hipster start up company...


























Brought some love and found it a frame... / thrift store.




















September / 25 / 2014

Did some drawing craze during the day. Only 6 days to go... Plus - I went to the Salvation Army thrift store to get some smaller frames for drawings and sketches...

Then I met my friends Davina and Lisa. They came over for a few beers and introduced me to Stephanie. we've been to CAN CUN (yum!!! I can't get enough of that place...) and to Stephanies place afterwords for drinks and stuff. Really great place / fun night tho!



























September / 24 / 2014

Been to some bars with Louise yesterday night. Was fun. We had a bunch of drinks and super fun shit-talking and listening to some pretty bad punkrock-live-show... Found the drummer with the worst hairdo on the planet! Sorry, couldn't take a pic...

After that and pretty much the whole day before - drawing as you can see here. These are not all of them. Yep!


























Check the tile - keep a closer look - I mean, seriously?!?! Found that one in a restroom of some shitty pizza place downtown. I mean - SERIOUSLY???


























Went thrift store shopping and found this guy. Check the price tag. I really had to laugh. Those were the days...

























September / 23 / 2014

Look what I just got with the mail The guys at pureblackinc.comhttp://www.pureblackinc.com/ did an amazing job. Thanks to Andrew and Casey! I am gonna put them in the show too!....yay!


























Went out for a few beers last night with my buddy Tim. Love a little bike ride through the city at night...


























September / 22 / 2014
Time flies. It's a week already since I arrived. Another three to come.
I am and was busy drawing the last days. The show is coming up - 10 days left and still loads to do. Fun times - drawing!



























Had to do some laundry today. Found this old sticker there and had to leave a statement as well. Peace!

























September / 21 / 2014
These ladies really saved my live. I don't have a studio here, nore do I have a proper drawing table... Well, those two showed up today - delivering (!) an awesome and adjustable drawing table  (the white one on the pic below...)to my house. Problem solved - perfect studio set up. I put it right in front of the window with awesome lights. Thank you so much Zoe and Erin!!!


























September / 20 / 2014 / night
We went out for beers yesterday  Went to Zoe's and Erin's local bar a few blocks away from here. Layla and John showed up as well and we all endet up pretty hammered...

























September / 20 / 2014
Here's my current art studio situation - the kitchen table.
Getting into it... Did a few drawings  for my upcoming little show. Still have a bunch of drawings to do - got 10 days left. Show opens October 2nd. during SF art walk. Come by for a chat.














































Went to this hardware store the other day to get some bike tools. Man - I loved this place. A total mess, the owner was about 80 or 90 years of age and it was just his own little world. I really hope places like this will survive the massive gentrification going on here...




























September / 18 / 2014
I missed out yesterday, cause I had to fight a hangover... Anyways. I bought a bike today. A bright yellow Schwinn road bike from 1972. Never had a bike my age... LOL. Still needs some love, but I guess that was a good deal - for a 100 bucks. Get's me around. God save Craigslist!


























Had to do some clients work / deadline is tonight. Lucky me that I am able to bring my "office" here.

























It was raining today / this early morning and every now and then in San Francisco. I almost escaped the rain on the bike, well - almost. No complaining - just sayin'

























September / 16 / 2014
Did a first little sketch to warm up my hands. It's fun to draw quick and dirty again. I will have a meeting later today - talking details of a little drawing show in SF while I am here. Will keep you posted.




















Here we go / Sept / 15/16 / 2014 / SAN FRANCISCO.
Just arrived yesterday. I swapped apartments again and live in a very chilled and nice neighbourhood right between Noe Valley / Bernal Heights / Glen Park and the Mission.

Met my buddy Tim last night for beers and a veggie burrito. Yum. Oh god - my belly...

Sun is out / blue sky and I am sitting at the kitchen table, doing some clients work... Just checked out the rooftop. Amazeballs. Will do some drawings up there later today. Here are some first pics - for starters. Will keep you all posted / hopefully daily...





Keine Kommentare: