San Francisco March/April 2016

Back in Berlin. Landed safely / with a little delay and my bag made it some other direction, but will be delivered during the day today...

After hearing the horrible news about the Brussels attacks - while sitting in Paris - waiting for my connection flight to Berlin, all the chaos made sense... Sad world we are living in.























My last day in SF. Crazy how fast almost four weeks flew by. It's been wonderful and feels sad to leave. But I know it won't be my last visit.

I am thankful to call San Francisco my "home away from home" with good friends I can always count on. Feels warm at heart. You all know you are always welcome in Berlin. Thank you for your hospitality / your kind words when having the blues / coffee / cake / yummy food all in all / good vibes / hugs / art / old-men-skate sessions / ...time / friendship! I am a lucky guy!
























Oakland.
After having a great and supper funny day, doing some art and laughing our asses off - we went back to SF to see the current show at "RATIO 3" gallery in the Mission. Good times!








That was a fun day yesterday. Been hanging out with my friend Jen Props pretty much all day. We had some good coffee and cakes in the sun followed by a drawing session and then she showed me around in her Oakland neighborhood.





















A whole bunch of culture going on here...

City College / Diego Riviera Mural and Theatre (Frida Kahlo's husband)  yesterday night. We went to check out this famous and awesome mural from the 1940-ies and for an art performace in the theatre by Guillermo Gomez-Pena.  Crazy, funny and awesome.. and a bit weird as well. But definitely worth it! Thanks to City College SF for making it happen.

After that we actually wanted to see the opening of the Minnesota Project, but skipped that when we saw the waiting line literally around the whole block. Not kidding!

























Yesterday evening was packed with  a bunch of things. We met some of Zoe and Erin's friend in this weird bar near City College (check this pic). That place was piled up with ...trash mostly and decoration... I am quite sure the owner was definitely a horder. Just to mention, that this place was renovated a couple of weeks ago and actually was a mess again. Nevertheless - she was nice and friendly.






















Okay - I met my friend and fellow artis Jason Jagel yesterday. We hung out in his awesome studio and then went for a dog walk with Sookie. After I accidently locked us out - oups. Problem solved by jumping the neighbors fence. ...sorry about that, bro. Had some good mexican lunch and a walk through the neighborhood... Check out his amazing work, in case you don't know it already.






















Guess where I stopped by. The Brainwash. I kinda like that place a lot and always try to stop by at least once on every SF trip. Stayed around the corner from here on my very first trip to the city - back in 1994...






















Been riding around the city pretty much all day. Did some last shopping craze to bring some gimmicks friends asked me for. Finally met my friend Mia and then went to the MOONAGE DAYDREAM Finissage. A tribute to David Bowie.  Tim and Paula and Betty were there already... Good show, good evening, good times. The good life.


























Bike-riding in the sun. This is one thing that always comes to mind when I think of San Francisco. I did a lot of that lately  - since the rain stopped falling.
























It's my last week already and only a hand full of days left for me in the city. Time is fuckin' flying. Three weeks already. Whoow.

Been out on the bike pretty much the whole day today. Met Jen for lunch. We are gonna have an art session this Saturday at her place in Oakland. Collaboration - that is. Looking forward to it. Sounds hella fun.
Gonna meet Tim soon. I'm out for now. Best...























Here are some night-shots from a night-time walk through the neighborhood yesterday. Pretty and silent.





















picked up my artworks from my last years show at Lunarienne Gallery yesterday. Well, the one that weren't sold. Happy to bring my babies home to berlin.





















And I did some more drawings the other day. Guess I won't work that much anymore now - since it's sunny outside... finally. It's my last week already. Time flies...






















And finally - the SUN IS BACK!  Yessss, after more than a week of pretty much only rain. So my days kinda happen outside again. On my bike. On my skateboard... well, here and there. Walking through the city. Oh - how much I love that.


Did I mention that "Yellow is the new cool - just sayin'" / I love my bike here...























San Francisco at night. The light in this city is amazing. No matter if it's day or night. Just had a walk through the neighborhood. It's all quiet and barely someone out in the street. I love these hours of almost silence. The rain just stopped falling and cleared everything out. Streets are still a little wet / extra reflections. Beautiful.























We went to the wonderful CASTRO THEATRE yesterday night for a BOWIE TIBUTE. A bunch of SF based artists played songs of his and tributed to THE man. If you guys didn't know that I worship BOWIE, now you know. Ever since I lay on an East Berlin rooftop watching him playing in front of the Reichstag in 1987 / and even before... After Candy Clark (co-actor in the movie) being interviewed... they showed THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH. All happening in the holy halls of Castro Theatre.































San Francisco in the rain. Don't get me wrong - I know - California needs that, desperately. But pretty much half of my time here (maybe more) was heavy rain. Even though it keeps things low key, it also sucks. Would love to have some long bike rides through the city... Hoping for the weather forecast to be right. Tuesday / sun they said...
____

Met my buddy Matt again and he showed me the PAISLEY SKATEBOARDS HQ. Paul (the owner) has a little artshow going on. Pretty rad stuff. From Cliver, Pugh, ... over Bratrud... some really cool stuff.
SF has a lot to tell. The mother of street skating with a huge heart. So much passion involved. Props - big time.























And then this -  hilarious. As seen on Valencia while just crossing the street. No matter if that's just a joke or someone really thought that's a fun tag. Skateboarding everywhere. Made me lough hard!





















Hm, lazy / rainy days in SF. Due to the rain I got a bunch of extra hours at home - keeps me drawing and hoping for some "dry hours" to do stuff outside.
Yesterday was mostly drawing and hanging out at home. Only been out for food, just to come back home being soaking / wet to the bones.





















I met my good friend Kelli Yon the other day for a coffee and a walk. She showed me Jason's (her hubby Jason Jagel) mural on 26th and Mission. Love his work! We briefly stopped by at her art studio (the one I was working at a few years back). ...landlord just doubled the rent lately... damn!






















Been to Oakland to visit Nick and Allison. They showed me around and we had a nice walk around the lake, catched some sun and a beautiful sun-downer. Great peeps. Thanks for the day!

On my way back I witnessed a gun laying around, wrapped in fabric in a BART station. Reality call!




















Never thought I'd say this - but due to mediocre weather conditions I am more lazy as usual. I give everything a little more time, draw slowly and get up quite early anyways. So my days are long and easy. Met Kev and Z today for lunch and some good chat. We'll be going to have a skate session later this week.





















And - tadaaaaaa, I fixed my bike finally. This beautiful 44 years old yellow lady is back on the road. Yessss!





















Today was a good day. Hung out with my buddy Tim. Did some daddy-style skateboarding and had hella fun. We went to the legendary Fort Miley (and sucked). So much skateboarding history there / and checked out a bunch of spots and parks... just when the rain set back in.






















Started some drawing.




















Was a bit lazy writing the blog lately. It's heavily raining here in SF. I mean - There's been a drought and California desperately needs the rain... It keeps me lazy and home most of the times - started some drawing after I moved to the Mission to Zoe and Erin's place yesterday. Have a little studio set-up here. Awesomesauce!






















Been out in Oakland and Berkeley yesterday night with my friends SJ, Jen and Louise and Mel. Was fun. A little weird being the only guy (weird in a good way of course...;) and the only one not drinking. Nevermind. Still super fun. We've been out for dinner and a whole bunch of laughs. Good times. It's always good being here!





















This made my day yesterday: Trump pinata and toilet paper. Yes, beat the shit out of that dude....

















Rainy day today. So I got a little extra lazy for now / Did some laundry and sketched a bit while waiting.





















A lot of walking / a bit shopping / hanging out with Onur pretty much all day yesterday. Think I walked about 10 / 15 miles all in all - at least...






















What a great day. Started with a nice little skate sesh at Waller / Golden Gate Park. Then headed down to the beach at Sunset /  All with my buddy Tim and his two girls Frieda and Anneliese. Sun, Pacific, ... The good life.

























Some little sketching while waiting for the laundry this morning.

















San Francisco - never a dull moment.
Really crazy - we stumbled into some random pawnshop and what do I see? My bike! Yes, the bike I bought back in 2012. A golden 70-ies roadbike. I left it to my friend Kelli back then and it was stolen - right in front of her house. I mean - that's almost four years ago and it still has my stickers on. Of course I did not get it back from the pawnshop guy...





















We've been walking through the city pretty much all day. My friend Onur is in town and I showed him some of "my spots". Met Tim as well and really had a good time.
























Today was super fun. Met my friend Cat and her bf Chris from Salt Lake City and showed her around a little. Been to the Mission / checking out Lunarienne Gallery and had breakfast at Brainwash... That's some institution for me when being here - at least once! 22 years since I was there the first time... Time is fuckin' flying.






















So funny - ran into my buddy Onur twice today / coincidence! I knew he was in town and we would have met anyways, but just by accident - twice.



















This Anti-Swastika-unicorn-paste-up is so hilarious and funny!



Started this day with a nice walk through beautiful Golden Gate Park. Then met my buddy Matt. Hanging out on fire-stairs right above Market street was quite nice too. Good first day being back in the city. Good place / good people / good weather / good food / ...the good life!





My roommates for a little while.




February / 27 / 2016
7:00 am and I am a few hours awake already. Jetlag hits in - plus - I am cat sitting at Davina's and Lisa's place for the first week in the city. Cats were quite busy this morning. It's Saturday and all I have to do the whole day is feeding cats. The good life.

This was my welcoming view yesterday / coming up from BART. Mission and 16th.

California - here I am again.



Keine Kommentare: